A pork roast is something usually reserved for weekends or special occasions because it takes so long to do. Now with an Instant Pot, you can have your favorite Keto Pork Roast ready to go any weeknight!
It’s still an awesome recipe to serve up on holidays and family gatherings but try this recipe one weeknight and win your family over.
It’s low carb, perfectly keto, which means you can prepare it with a keto-friendly side for yourself and regular options for others in the family.
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
This pork roast calls for a pork shoulder which is also called pork butt or Boston butt. If you see those in the market as well, they will work great here too.
It’s spiced with cocoa powder for an exotic taste that’s perfect for a keto thanksgiving.
Have leftovers with eggs and a slice of toasted keto 90-second mug bread for breakfast the next morning.
Instant Pot Keto Pork Roast
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Instant Pot Keto Pork Roast with Cocoa Rub
The basic pork roast is given an unusual makeover.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 1 hour
Natural Detoxification20 Minutes
Time allotted: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tbsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 lbs pork shoulder roast trimmed and cut into 6-8 pieces
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 2 large celery stalks chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1 ½ cup chicken broth organic
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Remove the pork shoulder from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes (but not more than 2 hours) before cooking it to prevent it from becoming tough. Make a mental note to put it aside.
- Prepare the dry rub by mixing together all of the ingredients in a small basin. In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry rub ingredients. Rub the dry rub into all sides of each pork shoulder part, reserving 1 tablespoon of the rub for later use. Remove the seasoned pork and dry rub from the pan and set them aside.
- When the Instant Pot® is hot, select the “Sauté” function and add one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil. Sear the pork on each side for roughly 2-3 minutes each side, depending on how well it has been seasoned. (If required, work in two batches at a time.) Pork should be transferred to a platter and left aside.
- .Combine the remaining olive oil with the celery, carrots, and yellow onion in a large mixing bowl.Sauté, stirring periodically, until veggies begin to get a bit darker in color and smell fragrant, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the broth until everything is well combined, gently scraping any brown pieces from the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon along the way. Turn the machine off by pressing the power button.
- Return the pork shoulder to the Instant Pot® and turn off the heat. Combine bay leaves, rosemary, and thyme in a small bowl. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of dry rub until everything is well-combined. Place the lid on top and secure it in place. Set the “Sealing” setting on the vent and the “Manual” timer to 50 minutes on the timer.
- Upon completion of the cooking period, allow the pressure to naturally relax for 20 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure that may have built up.
- Discard the bay leaves as well as the woody stalks from the rosemary and thyme after you have removed the cover. Placing the pork roast on a serving plate and covering it with foil to keep warm is a good idea.Make a mental note to put it aside.
- Blend the pan sauces until they are completely smooth using an immersion blender. You can also use a standard blender to transfer the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Serve the pork roast immediately with your choice of side dishes and a dollop of the warm sauce on top. Enjoy!
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.