This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Honey Apple Pork Loin in the Oven
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 1 hour
1 hour and ten minutes
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (without sugar)
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Tenderloin of pork weighing 12 lbs.
- Core and cut 3 medium hard apples (about 1 pound)
1. Position the oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a small mixing bowl, add the applesauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and rosemary leaves and stir until well combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then set the dish aside.
3. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium heat until hot. Season the pork roast generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Cook for approximately 5-10 minutes, or until the meat is browned and uniformly seared on all sides.
4. Carefully remove the pork from the fire and pour half of the applesauce mixture over the top and edges of the meat. Placing the pork in the preheated oven after arranging the chopped apples around its sides is a good idea.
5. Roast the pork for 20 minutes, then remove it from the oven and flip it. Finish baking for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through, using the remaining applesauce mixture as a basting brush.
6. Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes to cool before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
Amount per serving: 471 calories (per serving).
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
How do you start the keto diet? What can you eat on the diet? What are some easy meal plans and recipes I can follow on the keto diet? Get the answers to your questions on our Keto Diet FAQ page here.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.