When it comes to weekend brunch menus, this traditional Mexican breakfast meal is a welcome addition to practically any. The eggs are lightly fried and served on top of crispy corn tortillas, which form the core of this delicacy. Depending on your preferences, you can top it with a variety of delectable toppings ranging from refried beans to spicy salsa.
Try it out at your Cinco de Mayo parties or other Mexican-themed gatherings this summer. You might wish to include this in your service.
Optional step: Fry each corn tortilla in olive oil until it is slightly crispy around the edges, as described in the instructions below. Another option is to toast the tortillas in a dry nonstick skillet until they are lightly browned..
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Huevos Rancheros Recipe
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time20 minutes
Total Time30 minutes
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 large eggs
- Chipotle powder, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- Optional (to serve):
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 oz. Monterey-Jack cheese, shredded
- To begin, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add the corn tortillas to the skillet one at a time and fry for 15-20 seconds on each side, or until the tortillas begin to crisp around the edges, depending on how thick they are. Put it on a platter and pat it down with paper towels to remove any excess oil. Repeat the process with the remaining tortillas and set them aside.
- Increase heat to medium-low and cook the eggs sunny-side up in remaining oil, just until the whites are set and the yolks are still runny, about 1 minute each side. Remove the pan from the heat and season with chipotle powder and sea salt, to taste
- Place a sunny-side-up egg on top of each tortilla and serve immediately, with a side of diced avocado, fresh cilantro, shredded Monterey-Jack cheese, refried beans, and/or spicy salsa on the side for dipping purposes. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 387
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.