You’ve made the decision to start reducing weight permanently. Find out all you need to know about starting a low-carb lifestyle right now by purchasing the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet. It includes quick start checklists, delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, supper, and snacks, and grocery lists. With this book on your side, you can lose weight and keep it off!
Time required for preparation: 20 minutes
Time required for preparation: 1 hour
There is additional time available.
The time limit is set at ten minutes.
There is a time limit.
1 hour 30 minutes 1 hour 30 minutes 1 hour 30 minutes 1 hour 30 minutes
- 3 ½ – 4 lbs. beef short ribs
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 – 3 t. extra virgin olive oil that has been separated
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced into chunks
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- ½ c. beef broth, preferably organic
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c. dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons honey, preferably from a local source
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Remove the short ribs from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes (but not more than 2 hours) before you want to begin preparing the dish. In a separate bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and set aside.
- Using the “Sauté” feature on the Instant Pot®, add one tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil after it has been preheated to temperature. The short ribs should be seared on each side for approximately 2-3 minutes each side, depending on how well they have been seasoning. (If necessary, work in batches, gradually increasing the amount of olive oil used until the desired consistency is achieved.) Prepare a serving tray and set it aside for a moment while you finish the ribs.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot® and add the remaining olive oil, yellow onion, and carrots to the pot.
Depending on the size of your vegetables, it may take 4-5 minutes (stirring frequently) or until the vegetables are golden brown. Following the addition of the garlic, cook for another 60 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the broth, balsamic vinegar, red wine, and honey until well combined. While stirring, gently scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the saucepan with a wooden spoon to ensure that all of the ingredients are well incorporated. Turn off the device and let it to continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the cooked short ribs back into the saucepan and season with bay leaves and fresh herbs to taste, before serving. Place the lid on top and tighten it down to keep it in place. The vent should be set to the “Sealing” setting, and the timer should be set to “Manual” for 45 minutes.
- Allowing the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes after the cooking period is completed is recommended before manually releasing any remaining pressure, if necessary.
- Remove the top from the pot and separate the bay leaves from the rosemary and thyme leaves, as well as the woody stems from the leaves. Transfer the short ribs and carrots to a serving tray and cover with aluminum foil to keep them warm while you prepare the other ingredients. Make a mental note to place it somewhere safe for the time being.
- Using an immersion blender, totally smooth down the pan sauces until they are no longer chunky. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then make any necessary adjustments to seasonings.
- Immediately after cooking, arrange the short ribs and carrots on top of mashed potatoes or cauliflower and serve immediately. After drizzling with a bit of the sauce, plate the dish immediately. Enjoy!
696 calories per serving (based on a serving size of 6).
If you’re just getting started on the keto diet, a meal journal designed exclusively for keto, such as this one, might be really beneficial in staying on track. Tracking your meals, macronutrients, mood, fasting times, and movement on a regular basis will help you identify beneficial and negative trends that will assist you in reaching your weight loss and health objectives.
That’s right, this is the Keto Diet Meal Plan that dramatically transformed my life. Check read this article if you’re interested in starting the Keto Diet or if you need some tips to make it work.
I enjoy having keto snacks on hand at all times. Here’s where you can get my fave keto chocolate bars, bone broth, and protein powders. Use the coupon ONANDOFFKETO to receive a 10% discount on your order!
Are you looking for a guide on following the ketogenic diet? Introducing our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book, a comprehensive resource for getting started with and maintaining a ketogenic eating plan. This book contains all of the necessary information regarding the ketogenic diet, as well as meal plans, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.