This soup, made with the rest of your tomatoes and fresh garden basil, is the perfect way to use up the last few tomatoes and basil in your garden. You can make it in your Instant Pot in a matter of minutes for a great vegan and low-carb meal that is simple and delicious.
This Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it the ideal dish to serve when you need to wow in a short amount of time. Serve it as a quick weekday meal for the family or as a starter during family gatherings to keep things simple. Your guests will be begging you to make this soup again and again since the flavors are so comforting and cozy.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 13 minutes
Time allotted: 23 minutes
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large celery stalk, chopped 1 large carrot, chopped Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1 large onion, sliced
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- stock (ideally organic) 1 cup chicken or veggie stock
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 4 sprigs of thyme (fresh)
- 2 sprigs of freshly chopped rosemar
- one additional cup of julienned fresh basil leaves for garnish 12 cup fresh basil leaves
1.Select the “Sauté” mode on the Instant Pot® and pour in the olive oil once it has reached a hot temperature. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste after adding the onion, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring periodically, for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are fragrant and have developed some color. Cook for a further minute after adding the garlic.
2. Using a wooden spoon, gently scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the saucepan as you pour in the stock and deglaze it with the wine. Continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes before turning off the device.
3. Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, and rosemary until everything is well combined. Place the lid on top and secure it in place. Set the “Sealing” setting on the vent and the “Manual” timer to 4 minutes on the timer.
4. When the cooking time is finished, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before manually releasing any remaining pressure. Remove the cover and gently fold in the fresh basil leaves.
Then, using a food processor or high-powered blender, puree the tomato mixture until it is completely smooth. (Instead of a regular blender, an immersion blender produces chunkier results.)
6) When ready to serve, ladle soup into individual serving dishes while it is still hot and garnish with more fresh basil, if preferred. Enjoy!
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.