The reason I enjoy cooking these breakfast casseroles is that they are quick to prepare when you have a large family to feed, and if you don’t, they freeze nicely, allowing you to forgo breakfast preparation tomorrow and the day after that.
This keto broccoli casserole recipe is similar to my breakfast quiche that uses spinach and sausages. I love the taste of broccoli in this casserole and I love that my kids eat it up without blinking an eye.
Egg casseroles are a great way to stuff more veggies into your kid’s diet.
Are you ready to start losing weight for good?Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOWwith quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
As is common with casserole recipes, you can simply customize them by substituting other types of bacon, vegetables, and even cheese for your favorite combination. Prepare the dish with whatever leftover meats you may have on hand, such as turkey or chicken, as well as steak or burgers.
Add in some peppers if you wish and some parmesan cheese. Try my loaded keto cauliflower casserole recipe for a dinner side dish.
Keto Broccoli Casserole
Keto Broccoli Casserole with Bacon and Cheddar
A low carb breakfast dishes that’s perfect for meal prep.
- non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tbsp water
- 1cup sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 6 slices thick cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley to garnish optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and brush an 8″ x 8″ casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray to prevent sticking and sticking. Make a mental note to put it aside.
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the broccoli is slightly softened and bright green, depending on how much water is added.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the broccoli to the prepared casserole dish, spreading it out into a uniform layer on the bottom. Set aside once you’ve topped it with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, if desired. In a large baking dish, pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheddar, and bacon. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set and gently browned on top.
- Removing the pan from the oven and allowing it to cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately after sprinkling with fresh parsley (optional). Enjoy!
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed. Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.