Do you enjoy a tasty Strawberry Caprese Salad? If that’s the case, you’ll adore it in skewer form! With our Keto Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze, you can whip up a delicious appetizer that will be a favorite at your next gathering. It’s a playful twist on the classic Caprese salad, in which luscious strawberries take the place of the standard tomato. Fresh strawberries are a perfect match for the thick balsamic glaze and aromatic sprigs of fresh basil used in this recipe.
Grab some 6″ skewers to make this simple strawberry summer recipe. It’s ketogenic and the perfect way to get some sweet fruit into your low carb lifestyle.
If you’re making this to serve immediately, you should note that the warm balsamic glaze will start to melt the cheese on contact. For a cleaner presentation, avoid adding the glaze to the cheese while drizzling it onto the skewers.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Keto Strawberry Caprese Skewers with Balsamic Glaze
Prep Time10 minutes
Total Time10 minutes
- 16 fresh, small strawberries, washed and cut in half across the width, hull intact
- 32 medium fresh basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- 16 Ciliegine (mini-Mozzarella balls)
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 2 T. high-quality extra-virgin olive oil to drizzle
- Thread the top half of a strawberry onto a wooden skewer, hull facing up, and secure with a toothpick. Using one basil leaf, fold it in half so that the dark side is facing out, and thread it onto the skewer. Add one mini-Mozzarella ball, followed by another folded basil leaf, and the bottom half of the strawberry on top of the basil leaf and strawberry.
- Continue Step #1 with the remainder of the strawberries, basil, and mozzarella until you have 16 skewers that are ready to serve. Place the ingredients on a serving plate and set them aside.
- To make the glaze, heat the balsamic vinegar in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat until it begins to bubble. Keep cooking, stirring often, until the vinegar has been reduced to approximately one-third of its initial volume.
- Remove the glaze from the heat and set it aside to cool somewhat. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil to the skewers if desired, and serve immediately. Serve as soon as possible. Enjoy!
Alternatively, you can use 8 red and 8 yellow/orange grape tomatoes for the 16 strawberries in this recipe to produce traditional Caprese skewers that look like the ones pictured here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bamboo Skewers 6 Inch (200 Pcs) Natural BBQ for Shish Kabob, Grill, Appetizer, Fruit, Corn, Chocolate Fountain
JapanBargain 300pcs Bamboo Cocktail Picks Skewer with Knotted Ends 6 inch
- Whole Foods Market, Fresh Mozarella Ciliegine, 8 oz
- Buf Creamery, Mozzarella Bufala Ciliegine, 7 Ounce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330
The recipe nutrition information includes the olive oil used for drizzling.
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.