This healthy and delicious salsa recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. It will keep in the refrigerator for several days, so you can double the recipe to enjoy with your favorite Mexican or Tex-Mex dishes or as a snack with your favorite tortilla chips
Are you ready to start losing weight for good?Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
- 1 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced small
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced small
- 1 medium jalapeno, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ t. dried Mexican oregano
- ¼ t. smoked paprika
- ¼ – ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ c. water
- 2½ T. fresh lime juice
- 2-3 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste after adding the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Cook, turning periodically, until the onion and peppers are tender, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Stir in the tomatoes, Mexican oregano, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper flakes, and water until everything is well-combined. Reduce the heat to medium-low after stirring everything together. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring periodically, until the sauce has thickened.
3. Remove from heat and set aside for a few minutes to allow the mixture to cool. Once the mixture has been allowed to cool slightly, purée it using an immersion blender, leaving some chunks, or transfer it to a conventional blender or food processor and pulse a number of times until it is just pureed.
4. Transfer the salsa to a large mixing bowl and toss in the lime juice and cilantro until well combined. If needed, season with extra salt and black pepper to taste. Remove from the heat immediately, or cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 67
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.