If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 45 minutes
1 hour is the whole time allotted.
- 3 cups diced butternut squash (optional)
- 3 large firm apples, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger, minced
- 1½ t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. allspice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4-5 c. chicken broth, preferably organic, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat to prevent sticking. Make a mental note to put it aside.
2. In a large mixing basin, toss together the butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil until well combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then toss to coat everything in the dressing.
3. Spread the seasoned butternut squash mixture onto the baking sheet that has been prepared, spreading it out into a single layer. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake until the squash is soft when pierced with a fork, about 25-30 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool slightly before transferring one-quarter of the roasted vegetable mixture to a high-speed blender. Blend one cup of chicken broth into the container until it is completely smooth. If necessary, add a small amount of additional broth to achieve the appropriate consistency.
Using a large soup pot, transfer the puree and repeat the procedure with the remaining veggies and chicken broth. 6. To finish, turn the heat down to medium and continue to cook, stirring often, for 5-10 minutes, or until the soup has cooked through.
6. Remove from heat and taste to see if seasonings need to be adjusted before serving. Enjoy!
6 Calories per serving: 178 Calories per serving
Are you ready to start losing weight for good? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. Lose weight and keep it off with this book by your side!
This is the Keto Meal Plan that completely changed my life. Check this out if you’re curious about starting the Keto Diet or need some help to succeed.
Looking for a guide to sticking to the keto diet? Our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book is a complete, all-in-one resource for starting and sticking to the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet plus meal plans, checklists and grocery lists to get you started.
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.