You’ve made the decision to start losing weight permanently. Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet NOW with quick start checklists, recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, grocery lists and all you need to know to start a low-carb lifestyle today. With this book by your side, you can lose weight and keep it off!
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time40 minutes
Total Time55 minutes
- Extra virgin olive oil (quarter cup, divided)
- 1 medium white onion,
- diced 2 large celery stalks,
- diced 2-3 garlic cloves,
- minced 1 medium eggplant,
- peeled and cubed 2 medium tomatoes,
- diced 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce (passata)
- 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 14 cup green olives, pitted and sliced 2 tablespoons capers
- 14 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cod fillets weighing 6 ounces
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped or divided fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted and divided Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1.To begin, preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Make a mental note to put it aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste after adding the onion and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
3. Cook the garlic and eggplant in another tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat until tender. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggplant begins to soften, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Toss in the tomatoes, tomato paste, passata, vinegar, capers, green olives, and raisins until everything is well-combined. Stir until everything is well-combined, then cover the skillet with a lid. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, brush each cod fillet with the remaining olive oil and season on both sides with salt and black pepper to taste, then set aside. Place the fillets on the baking sheet that has been prepared and roast in the preheated oven for 12-13 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork. (Repeat the test after 10 minutes. (Be careful not to overcook)
6. Remove the lid from the caponata and stir in two tablespoons of fresh parsley and two tablespoons of toasted almonds into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Distribute the mixture among individual serving plates, garnishing with the remaining parsley and almonds. Toss with the cod fillets right away and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Tip: Substitute strained tomatoes if passata is not available.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518
That’s right, this is the Keto Diet Meal Plan that completely transformed my life. Check out this article if you’re interested in starting the Keto Diet or if you need some tips to make it work.
Are you looking for a guide to following the ketogenic diet? Introducing our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book, a comprehensive resource for getting started with and maintaining a ketogenic eating plan. This book contains all of the necessary information about the ketogenic diet, as well as meal plans, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started.
Do you want to receive the grocery list for free? You can get it by clicking on the link below.
- How to start the keto diet
- How to get into ketosis quickly
- How to use exogenous ketones to get back into ketosis after a cheat
- How to test for ketosis
- The best keto diet supplements to boost your weight loss
- 90 second mug bread keto recipe
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.