I earn money as an Amazon Associate by making qualifying purchases. There are affiliate links in this post. If you make a purchase after clicking on these links, I may receive a small compensation at no additional cost to you.
Because most soups use carbs to provide volume, finding keto soup recipes might be difficult.
This keto soup recipe, on the other hand, is strong in fat, flavor, and carbs, making it the ideal soup to warm you up and keep you full.
Are you ready to get serious about reducing weight? Get the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet RIGHT NOW, complete with quick start checklists, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack recipes, grocery lists, and everything you need to get started with a low-carb lifestyle right away. With this book on your side, you can lose weight and keep it off!
One of cauliflower’s best qualities is how readily it absorbs the flavors of other foods. The more pungent goat cheese provides an unusual and delightful flavor to the final product in this example. Roast the cauliflower and onion before mixing for more intense flavors. The flavor will be more complex, but the soup will darken in color as a result of this.
When served with a crisp, green salad or a couple pieces of keto bread, this simple and flexible soup makes a great, light appetizer or a full lunch.
For more keto-friendly soup ideas, check out my keto sausage soup.
This keto soup recipe is the right combination of high fat, high flavor, and low carb to keep you warm and satisfied.
Time to Prepare: 10 minutes
12 Minutes to Cook
22-minute total time
- 2stalksgreen onionsrinsed, tough outer leaves removed 1largehead cauliflowerrinsed, tough outer leaves removed 3clovesfresh garlicroughly chopped
- 2 tsp parsley (dry)
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock, organic
- 4 oz. goat cheese, divided
- sliced into pieces
- 2 cooked bacon pieces, crumbled
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces, including the stems, and arrange in a large colander. When finished, rinse thoroughly under running water and drain briefly.
- Combine the cauliflower, garlic, the white part of the green onions, and the dry parsley in a large microwave-safe dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste after adding 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Cover the container and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes, or until the cauliflower is fork soft. (Cooking time will vary based on microwave power and the amount of cauliflower used, so check after 4 minutes and adjust appropriately.)
- Remove the blender container from the microwave and fill it almost halfway with the steamed cauliflower mixture. In a blender, combine 1 cup stock and blend until smooth. (Before turning on the blender, make sure the lid is properly vented to allow steam to escape.)
- Pour the pureed cauliflower into a large soup pot, then repeat with the remaining cooked cauliflower mixture and stock until everything is pureed and transferred.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook, stirring periodically, until the cauliflower mixture is thoroughly cooked, about 5-6 minutes. Stir in the goat cheese until it is completely combined. Cook for another minute or two, or until the soup has reached a consistent temperature. If the soup is too thick, add more liquid until the appropriate consistency is achieved. If it’s too thin, keep cooking until the excess liquid has evaporated.
- Season to taste with more salt and pepper, if preferred. Serve immediately with green onion slices and crumbled bacon on top.
Per serving, there are 5.2 net carbohydrates.
Are you tired of eating the same keto recipes all the time? Take a look at these incredible recipes!
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.