Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cakes
With these delectable Lemon Fig Olive Oil Cakes, you’ll feel like you’ve traveled to the Mediterranean. They’re the ideal way to incorporate fresh ingredients into your baking to create a unique dessert that will impress everyone. The use of olive oil in this recipe is essential because it imparts a deep, fruity flavor to the light, delicate cake.
With the use of almond flour, you can make a healthier version of the classic Lemon Fig Cake. It comes out to only 10 net carbs, and this can be reduced even further by substituting honey for a keto-friendly sweetener like stevia or monk fruit.
It makes four large, hearty muffins, but they can also be made into smaller cupcakes if you prefer a more delicate presentation. To finish them off, I spread my homemade Vanilla Fig Jam on top.
That’s right, this is the Keto Diet Meal Plan that completely transformed my life. Check out this article if you’re interested in starting the Keto Diet or if you need some tips to make it work.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time22 minutes
Total Time32 minutes
- Cooking spray with a nonstick coating
- 2 large eggs (approximately)
- 14 c. honey, preferably from a local source
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil (optional).
- 2 tablespoons organic lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 / 4 cup ground almonds
- 12 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon baking soda
- 14 tbsp. table salt
- a third cup of chopped figs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray four muffin cups in a jumbo muffin tin with nonstick spray to prevent sticking. Make a mental note to put it aside. Note: If you prefer, you can make the cakes in a smaller muffin tin, which will yield 6-8 cakes. When baking smaller cakes, check to see if they’re done after 15 minutes.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, honey, olive oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice until well combined. Make a mental note to put it aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. 4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in a slow, steady motion. Pour in the milk and continue to stir until the batter is smooth and lump-free.
4. Fold in the chopped figs until they are completely incorporated into the batter. Then, bake for 18-22 minutes, until the cakes are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, depending on how large your muffin cups are.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. 6. Pour over some honey-sweetened mascarpone cheese and top with homemade vanilla fig jam, if desired, and serve right away. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697
You’ve made the decision to start losing weight permanently. Find out everything you need to know about starting a low-carb lifestyle right now by purchasing the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet. It includes quick start checklists, delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and grocery lists. With this book by your side, you can lose weight and keep it off!
If you’re just getting started on the keto diet, a food journal designed specifically for keto, such as this one, can be extremely beneficial in staying on track. Tracking your meals, macronutrients, mood, fasting times, and movement on a daily basis will help you identify beneficial and harmful patterns that will assist you in reaching your weight loss and health goals.
I enjoy having keto snacks on hand at all times. Here’s where you can get my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth, and protein powders. Use the code ONANDOFFKETO to receive a 10% discount on your order!
Are you looking for a guide to following the ketogenic diet? Introducing our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book, a comprehensive resource for getting started with and maintaining a ketogenic eating plan. This book contains all of the necessary information about the ketogenic diet, as well as meal plans, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started.
Want the grocery list for free? Get it below.
- How to start the keto diet
- How to get into ketosis quickly
- How to use exogenous ketones to get back into ketosis after a cheat
- How to test for ketosis
- The best keto diet supplements to boost your weight loss
- 90 second mug bread keto recipe
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.