With this quick and easy fish stew, you can enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean without the effort.
Cooking this classic one-pot stew/soup combination in one pot is both easy and delicious. Fish cooked in a white wine and tomato sauce is a popular dish all over Italy and the Mediterranean region, and for good reason. This recipe is packed with fresh, locally sourced ingredients and can be customized by using whatever ingredients you have on hand.
You can enjoy this Italian dish while following a low-carb diet because it is also very healthy and contains only 14g of carbohydrates.
You’ve made the decision to start losing weight permanently. Find out everything you need to know about starting a low-carb lifestyle right now by purchasing the Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet. It includes quick start checklists, delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks, and grocery lists. With this book by your side, you can lose weight and keep it off!
Sicilian Halibut Fish Stew
Prep Time15 minutes
Cook Time45 minutes
Total Time1 hour
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2-inch medium red onion,
- diced 2-inch celery stalks, diced 2-inch medium carrots,
- diced 1-inch medium zucchini,
- diced 2-3 garlic cloves, minced 1 medium red onion
- Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 12 c. dry white wine (optional)
- 28-ounce can chopped tomatoes with liquid 1 pound chopped tomatoes with liquid
- 2 c. fishery resources
- Skin removed and roughly chopped 1 pound halibut filets
- 1 cup freshly trimmed and quartered green beans (optional)
- the juice and zest of 1 large organic lemon
- 34 cup finely chopped fresh parsley 14 cup chopped pine nuts
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Combine the onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, and garlic in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and serve immediately. Cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and fragrant, but not falling apart.
2. Pour in the wine and use a wooden spoon to gently scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pot before serving. Stir everything together and cook for about 2-3 minutes until everything is hot.
3. Bring the chopped tomatoes and fish stock to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes. Cover the pot and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20-25 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Remove the cover from the halibut and add the chopped halibut and fresh green beans. Cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is flaky and the green beans are just barely tender, depending on how big your fish is.
5. Stir in the lemon zest and juice, as well as the fresh parsley. Remove the pan from the heat and season with additional salt and black pepper, if necessary.
6. To finish, sprinkle a tablespoon of pine nuts on top of each serving before serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 662
That’s right, this is the Keto Diet Meal Plan that completely transformed my life. Check out this article if you’re interested in starting the Keto Diet or if you need some tips to make it work.
Are you looking for a guide to following the ketogenic diet? Introducing our Complete Guide to the Ketogenic Diet Book, a comprehensive resource for getting started with and maintaining a ketogenic eating plan. This book contains all of the necessary information about the ketogenic diet, as well as meal plans, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started.
Do you want to receive the grocery list for free? You can get it by clicking on the link below.
- How to start the keto diet
- How to get into ketosis quickly
- How to use exogenous ketones to get back into ketosis after a cheat
- How to test for ketosis
- The best keto diet supplements to boost your weight loss
- 90 second mug bread keto recipe
I have always been fond of make-up ever since my adolescent days. I would try out different products on myself. With time I realized that while doing make-up can be fun, I also need to take care of my skin. I follow a strict skincare regime now and hope more people understand the importance of doing the same if they have access to the right products.