We live in strange times where getting out in nature is much less safe than it used to be. The dilemma of what pollution, extreme weather, UV rays of the sun, and dust-filled air around us would do to our precious skin never leaves the head.
The original description of BB is believed to be ‘Blemish Balm.’ But nowadays, it stands for and does almost everything to bring the best out of your skin. The best BB cream for acne does wonders for all skin types.
Though many BB creams have a matt-like consistency, many BBs are doing rounds in the market. These creams are heavy, oily, and not suitable for acne-prone skin. It is hard to find one singular product that can fight specific skin problems.
Still, there are a few creams that would do the trick against a problem like an acne. The best BB creams for acne-prone skin are mattifying and lightweight, controlling the oil on the skin and stopping acne breakouts.
The best BB cream for acne scars is slightly lighter than your regular foundation and provides all benefits of it and more. We dug through the vivid range of all-in-one creams in the market and came up with this guide with the best BB creams for acne-prone skin.
It is quite astounding to know that you can use such a multi-utility product like a BB cream for any skin consideration — acne. It is high time that we stop being surprised by the miracles that science can do by altering formulas to match your skin type.
Though initially made to eliminate blemishes, the best BB creams for acne scars can blow your minds with their magical results. If you have acne-prone skin, we have come up with this list of the top 10 best BB creams for acne that can resolve special needs:
Top 10 Best BB Creams for Acne 2021
Fight the blemishes and conceal the scars on your face with Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream. It contains salicylic acid that helps eliminate acne and gives your face an oil-free and light look and feel.
It can match with your skin tone and reduce redness, pores, and other scars on the face. The 8-in-1 formula minimizes the vital imperfections of your face and eliminates the minor ones.
This BB cream hydrates the skin from within. It mattifies the look and brings out the real beauty of the face. Enjoy all aspects of a BB cream along with skincare benefits by using Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream.
- 2% Salicylic acid for acne treatment
- 8-in-1 skin perfector
- Skin clearing beauty balm
- Lightweight and oil-free formula
- Acts as a foundation as well
- Suitable for normal to oily skin
- Gentle on the skin
- Prevents breakouts
- Decent coverage
- Available in various shades for different skin tones
- Cost-effective all-in-one BB cream
- It provides too little coverage.
- It is not suitable for fair-skinned people as the lightest shade is too dark.
- The cream is quite runny.
Have a natural-looking flawless skin with this BB Tinted Moisturizer Cream with SPF 30 from Purlisse. It can be used to even skin tone, hide the little imperfections of the face, and moisturize the skin for a long time.
The formula comes with SPF 30 that helps block the sun’s harmful rays and protect your skin. The gentle tinted cream is suitable for all skin types, ranging from oily to dry, and even for sensitive skin.
The paraben-free BB cream contains antioxidants like artemisia and chamomile that help in reducing the signs of aging. Use regularly to see the difference and have visibly glowing skin in just a few weeks.
- Natural-looking coverage
- Oil-free moisturizing BB cream
- Tinted moisturizer where matte meets glowy finish
- SPF 30 sunscreen
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Soothing chamomile and artemisia to prevent aging
- Sugar maple to restore a gorgeous glow
- Suitable for all skin types
- It stays on all day long.
- Protects the skin
- Thick yet smooth
- Easy to apply
- Light coverage
- It might seem a little too thick for application, and you might have to mix water to thin the consistency.
- It is a bit dry, and it might be hard to spread it evenly on the entire face.
This oil-free BB Blur cream makeup from La Roche-Posay comes with SPF 20 and can cover all the large pores and blemishes on your skin. If you have oily skin, this cream solves all your problems by absorbing oil from your face all day long and giving it a smooth matte finish.
The essential ingredients keep sweat and humidity from spoiling your flawless glow. The mineral sunscreen contains Titanium Dioxide, which, along with SPF 20, protects your face from the damaging UV rays of the sun.
The lightweight texture and consistency make this BB cream one of the best BB creams for acne-prone skin that you can use daily. Have glowing skin with this smoothing mattifier makeup cream.
- Oil-free cream makeup
- Cutting-edge smoothing mattifier Air Licium that absorbs 150 times its weight in oil for a visibly smooth skin
- Perlite to absorb humidity and sweat
- 10.66% Titanium Dioxide mineral sunscreen filter with Broad Spectrum SPF 20 for UV protection
- Available in two shades: Fair/Light and Light/Medium
- Lightweight texture with medium makeup coverage
- Light on the face
- Controls the release of oil
- It doesn’t settle into the fine lines on the face.
- Gives flawless skin
- It has a slightly yellow undertone.
- It might wear out quickly.
- It doesn’t blur the wrinkles well.
Get a light foundation coverage with nourishment and hydration with Olay Total Effects Tone Correcting CC Cream. It contains sunscreen SPF 15 that protects your skin from damage caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays.
The fast-absorbing formula goes into the skin quickly and doesn’t let the face become greasy. This property gives it a light texture and consistency. The cream contains multiple vitamins and antioxidants that replenish the lost nutrients of your face. These vitamins also give you healthy and glowing skin.
This cream provides instant radiance and brightness, and healthy-looking skin. You can use this cream as both a moisturizer and a foundation. Enjoy the heavenly benefits offered by this cream and flaunt that charismatic glow.
- Seven benefits in 1 — moisture replenishing, balancing skin tone & appearance, brightness enhancing, smoothing fine lines & wrinkles, minimizing the visibility of pores, restoring firmness, and visibly reducing dark spots
- Broad Spectrum SPF 15 sunscreen to protect damage to the skin from sun exposure
- The vitamin-enriched formula contains — VitaNiacin Complex II and Vitamin B3.
- Moisturization with foundation
- Healthier-looking skin with enhanced radiance
- Light coverage
- Great sunscreen
- Visibly evened out skin
- Easy to apply
- Smooth on the skin
- Not costly
- It’s a bit greasy and might not be suitable for people with oily skin.
- It has an unnatural orange tone, which many people might not like.
If you have oily or combination skin, Garnier SkinActive BB Cream Oil-Free Face Moisturizer will take good care of it. The moisturizing BB cream is formulated with antioxidant wild berry and tinted mineral pigments to brighten your face.
This cream comes with a Broad Spectrum SPF 15 that helps keep the sun’s harmful UV rays at bay. It also prevents sunburns. The moisturizing cream manages the shine and tone of your skin and hydrates it from within.
You can daily use the 5-in-1 oily skin tinted moisturizer to reduce pores, even skin tone, bring back the radiance to your face. With a shine-free finish, enjoy 24-hrs of radiance, hydration, and natural glow.
- 5-in-1 oily skin tinted moisturizer — evens skin tone, minimizes the look of pores, hydrates, mattifies, and brightens the face
- Mineral Perlite + Antioxidant complex
- Broad Spectrum SPF 15
- It primes, corrects and hydrates the skin.
- Suitable for combination to oily skin
- It doesn’t feel cakey.
- Great coverage
- Absorbs nicely into the skin
- Cheap and effective
- It has a bit watery consistency.
- It has a little dewy finish and not precisely matte.
A rich blend of natural ingredients, Physicians Formula Organic Wear BB Cream, brings the best out of your skin. The botanical extracts hydrate and nourish the skin to give it a natural and healthy-looking glow.
A potent coconut cocktail enriches and fixes the skin from deep within. The infused fragrance of coconut leaves your skin both feeling and smelling fresh and refreshing. The multitasking formula conceals, repairs, and evens the skin tone and all other facial imperfections.
Deep hydration and nourishment are provided almost instantly after the application of this cream. Get radiating flawless skin and protection against the environmental aggressors with this cream, one of the best BB creams for acne scars.
- All-in-one BB cream
- 100% natural ingredients and 70% organic
- SPF 20 Broad Spectrum sunscreen
- Potent coconut cocktail for skin nourishment
- Infused light coconut fragrance
- Smooth application
- Light coverage
- Good moisturization
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Most people might not like the scent.
- It might be slightly chunky.
Get all benefits of a primer and tinted moisturizer in a single tube of Physicians Formula Super BB Cream. It provides deep hydration and blurs all the imperfections of your face. It increases the skin balance by its extensive coverage.
With 10+ skin benefits, this BB cream provides lasting effects to your face. The cream comes with SPF 30, which ensures that you don’t get sunburnt or get visible damage from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
Suitable for sensitive skin, it doesn’t irritate the skin and is easy to apply. It absorbs well into the skin and minimizes the visibility of pores, scars, and even acne. Enjoy tinted moisturization and flawless glow with this cream on our best BB cream for acne-prone skin guide.
- 10+ beauty benefits in one cream
- Tinted moisturizer with greater color correction
- SPF 30 for UV protection
- No harsh additives
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Long-lasting on the skin
- Good coverage
- Not too shiny
- Light on the face
- Stays on longer
- It leaves an orange undertone, making it unsuitable for light-skinned people.
- It has a slightly heavy texture.
Marcelle has made a good name for itself with a full line of hypoallergenic and safe skincare products. Marcelle’s BB cream comes with self-adjusting pigments, making it the perfect alternative for your regular foundation.
It hydrates the skin and nourishes it, along with reducing the imperfections of the face. The tinted moisturizer is packed with antioxidants to give your skin a radiating and long-lasting glow and brightens the complexion.
It doesn’t contain any fragrances and is free of harmful additives that can damage your skin. With a rich golden glow, have healthy and radiant skin by using Marcelle BB Cream Illuminator.
- Tinted moisturizer with self-adjusting pigments
- Deep nourishment, hydration, and moisturization
- Antioxidants along with natural chamomile and aloe vera for getting a healthy skin
- No harsh additives or irritants
- Lightweight on the face
- Naturally glowing skin and not too shiny or glittery.
- Deeply moisturizes the skin.
- Cheap and effective
- It has a slightly heavier consistency than some other BB creams in the market.
- It has an oily texture and thus is not suitable for people with oily skin.
Have a magical skin treatment with the L’Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream with 4-in-1 beautifying actions. This cream gets rid of tiredness and fatigue, thanks to the color-transforming pigments that fight the signs of fatigue.
This cream brings out the suppressed beauty of your face. It does so by reviving its complexion, balancing the skin tone, and hydrating the skin deep within. It gives back your youthful glow instantly with the quick-absorbing formula.
The multitasking lotion is light on the skin and has excellent coverage. It is easy to apply and gives visible results almost instantly. Get back the radiance and glow of your skin by using L’Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream.
- Magic multitasking BB Cream
- 4-in-1 beautifying actions — hydration, priming, perfection, and corrections
- Beautifying Beads with color-transforming pigments that counteract signs of fatigue
- Flawless bare skin finish
- Healthy-looking complexion
- Blurs existing scars
- Prevents new breakouts
- Smooth on the face
- It has a thinner consistency as compared to other BB creams in the market.
- It has an orange undertone, which is not suitable for fair-skinned people.
Blend the blemishes away using Bella Terra BB Cream Tinted Moisturizer that perfectly balances your skin tone and blurs the acne, scars, and pores. From sheer to medium coverage, it mixes well to give you an even skin tone.
The hydrating formula is almost weightless and smooth on the skin. Easy to apply, it is gentle and gives you a matte-like finish. It has natural mineral ingredients. It comes with anti-aging properties and ensures that the formula does not harm your skin.
This cream is long-lasting and wouldn’t wear off the entire day. It is free of all preservatives, additives, and harmful chemicals. Enjoy a satin finish with a bright complexion using this cream on our best BB cream for acne scars.
- 3-in-1 benefits — moisturizing, concealing, and anti-aging
- Nearly matte, satin finish.
- Tinted Moisturizer with pure minerals like mica, zinc, Hydroxatone, and magnesium that add natural SPF
- Active anti-aging control and prevention
- No harmful additives
- Suitable for all skin types
- Light and smooth on the skin
- Nice coverage
- Effectively covers the blemishes.
- Moisturizes the skin
- It is quite pricey as compared to other similar products in the market.
Factors To Consider Before Buying The Best BB Cream for Acne
BB creams are hype now, which means there are tonnes of options and varieties to choose from. Honestly, with the feature-laden products, you will be spoiled for choices and face what we commonly call the “problem of many.”
Not to worry. We have come up with a list of factors that you must consider before investing in the best BB cream for acne:
Things like hyaluronic acid and salicylic acid are what you should look for on the back of a BB cream tube if you want one to counter acne. If it contains natural ingredients like aloe vera and chamomile, that’s a bonus. Pick a BB cream that fits the requirement of removing acne, acne scars, and breakouts.
2. SPF Content
UV rays are one of your biggest enemies if you have acne-prone skin. While almost all BB creams these days come with Broad Spectrum SPF, you must look for one that has a good portion of SPF to prevent your acne from becoming more severe.
BB creams are also called tinted moisturizers that have a specific tone to them. This tint is necessary to cover the blemishes, fine lines, and dark circles of your face. Always remember to consider your skin tone before picking the best BB cream for acne-prone skin.
These days the best BB creams for acne come with natural ingredients like aloe vera, cucumber, and Vitamin C that help replenish your skin’s lost moisture. For getting the youthful shine and radiance back, pick a product that moisturizes the skin too.
5. Skin Type
If you are specifically looking for a BB cream to fight acne, you must pick one with a smooth and quick-absorbing texture. A cream with an oily finish would do you no good. Pick a BB cream that is suitable for oily skin.
The best products are not necessarily the costliest. Always keep that in mind while buying the best BB cream for acne-prone skin. Go through all the details and reviews of a product and only then pick one.
Best BB Creams for Acne – Conclusion
BB creams have become a part of the daily skin-care regimen of most people. Choosing the best BB cream for acne can be a tedious task, but once you do your research and consider our guide, you will be all set to have flawless acne-free skin.
So what are you waiting for? Go and buy the best BB cream for acne-prone skin now and put your best face forward every time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Can I Use A BB Cream Daily?
Yes, you can. Any good BB cream is safe for daily application and even recommended for it as it contains broad-spectrum SPF that helps protect your skin from damage. It helps to moisturize the skin and also keep it hydrated.
Q2. Can A BB Cream Cause Cancer?
As a user, you must know about the effects of various ingredients in a BB cream. Some BB and CC creams contain oxybenzone, linked to hormone disruption. Others may contain vitamin A derivatives, often connected with skin cancer. Be careful and study the ingredients before picking a product.
Q3. Does A BB Cream Harm My Skin?
No, quite the opposite. Most BB creams come with a plethora of benefits that help to brighten and repair your skin. However, we recommend that you remove the cream at night so that your skin gets to breathe and freshen up.
Q4. Is A BB Cream Harmful To Oily Skin?
No, that’s not true. The best BB creams for acne-prone skin have a specific formula to fight acne and prevent new breakouts. Such creams absorb quickly and don’t have an oily finish.